History of the Palace
The palace was built in the 14th century by Carlo Zeno, ‘Capitano da Mar’,
winner of the war fought in Chioggia between Venice and Genoa.
The splendid Gothic facade overlooking the Rio di San Stin has been preserved and restored over the years.
The two elegant obelisks date back to the 14th century.
The Zen family has noble and ancient origins. Since the times of Partecipazio-Badoer it hasalways played a fundamental role in the history of the city.
Among its most distinguished ancestors is the Doge of the Serenissima, Ranier Zeno (1253), as well as ambassadors, senators and cardinals.
The palace has undergone several renovations over the years, the most significant of which is certainly the work of the architect Antonio Gasparri, commissioned by Alessandro Zeno, ambassador of the Serenissima at the court of King Louis XV in Versailles. Several rooms were decorated with frescoes by the best artists of the time (Antonio Pellegrini, Jacopo Guarana, Abbondio Stazio, Amigoni).